Suffering from heel pain? If you are experiencing any discomfort or aching, we can help you achieve real relief with little trouble or expense. Here at Clintonville Foot & Ankle Group, located in the area of Columbus, OH, we offer state-of-the-art treatments for heel pain—read on to learn how we can help you!
1. Medication- We can prescribe medications that will alleviate your pain in the short term, although swelling and pain are most commonly treated with over-the-counter nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, such as aspirin or ibuprofen. We can also prescribe topical pain medications (those you apply to your skin) to treat heel pain.
2. Cortisone Shots- If medications do not help, you can get a cortisone shot in our office. These injections usually comprise of a local anesthetic and corticosteroid medication. When administered by a doctor, cortisone offers significant relief from pain and inflammation. This medication begins working in a few days after administration and it will continue to work for several months.
3. Stretching Exercises- We often prescribe stretching exercises for various foot issues, as they can ease your pain and prevent it from reoccurring. Patients who do stretching exercises on a regular basis have a much better outcome after being treated for heel pain.
4. Night Splints- We may recommend a night splint to treat your heel pain. A night splint holds your foot in a neutral position during sleep, and it works by stretching the calf plantar fascia of the foot while you sleep. Once your heel pain is gone, you can stop wearing it.
5. Orthotic Devices- We can prescribe the highest-quality foot orthotics available to address your heel pain. Orthotics are used to treat various foot and ankle conditions by providing a cushioning that both relieves pressure and reduces stress on sensitive areas of the feet. Studies have shown that orthotic devices decrease foot pain and improve function.
Need Heel Pain Relief? Call One of Our Columbus Area Offices Today!
Heel pain hurts, but you don't have to suffer. Call one of Clintonville Foot & Ankle Group's Columbus area offices today to schedule an appointment: (614) 267-8387 for Clintonville, (614) 761-1466 for Dublin, and (614) 272-2313 for Southwest.